Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Less Is More

In the wee small hours of the morning when I'm supposed to be asleep, I'm usually catching up on the 40+ tabs I seem to always have open on my browser consisting of articles, videos & wikipedia entries I didn't get around to reading that day. In the case of last night, I got around to watching some Local Native covers on YouTube. Probably because Kelsey's little brother Cole mentioned his band (TRIBES) covers the song "Wide Eyes" by Local Natives. Anyway, there is a wide array of talent out there on YouTube and I applaud aspiring artists for at least attempting to express themselves (which is half the battle), though many YouTube covers definitely leave something to be desired, to put it mildly.

In my zoned out 1am viewing last night I stumbled upon the following cover. I really appreciate this guy's simple, honest approach to doing his version of this song. It isn't much, but that's what I really liked about it. I would like to think that if I were to sit down and cover this song, I would take a similar approach. The octave jump at the end was a welcome surprise, too. Whomever you are, Lee Francis, I applaud you. Keep it up.

No comments: